Position: Social Media Intern
Status: Part-time position (flexible 18-20 hour, 4-day work week), 6 months
Salary: $29,000 annually
Benefits: Work from home stipend, Wellness stipend, PTO, sick time
Location: Remote in Texas
General Description: The Social Media Intern will create engaging content for Avow Texas’ Instagram and TikTok pages. This internship provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to advocacy efforts surrounding abortion rights in Texas. In addition to content creation, the intern will support various digital communication efforts as needed.
- Develop and curate engaging visual content for Avow Texas’ Instagram and TikTok platforms to raise awareness of political and policy issues affecting abortion access in Texas as well as promoting Avow Texas’ programmatic work.
- Craft and schedule posts to ensure a consistent online presence.
- Monitor engagement and audience feedback, adjusting content strategy accordingly.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices for social media content creation.
- Current students or recent graduates with an interest in digital communications.
- Self-motivated, and capable of working independently.
- Strong research, problem-solving, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Canva and the social media platforms TikTok and Instagram.
- Creative mindset with a passion for abortion rights and bodily autonomy.
Application Instructions: To apply, please send the following documents to [email protected]:
- Cover letter with references
- Optional: brief (1-2 pages) writing sample
Deadline: Oct 13, 2023
Avow Texas is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Join our team and make a meaningful impact on abortion advocacy in Texas through creative digital communications.