Who We Are
Avow is working for a better Texas: where every person is trusted, thriving, and free to pursue the life they want. We’re leading this movement and changing the culture with an unapologetic abortion-forward mindset. Through community-building, education, and political advocacy, Avow is securing unrestricted abortion care and reproductive rights for every Texan.
Avow is seeking a Political Organizing Manager to join our Political team! This is a full-time, exempt position. This role is a remote role, based within the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Candidates must be based in North Dallas County and surrounding region.
About the Role
The Political Organizing Manager will help Avow transition our deep canvassing field program from a pilot format into a sustainable, year-round voter engagement program that continuously and creatively mobilizes young BIPOC women and queer people in key regions. This position will work closely with the Political Director to execute the organization’s field plan, manage and supervise multiple contract canvassers during election seasons, and engage with other progressive field teams in the regions where we work. This position reports directly to the Political Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the Political Director, develop and drive the execution of the organization’s field plan, including strategizing key districts to engage in and HR/personnel issues internally
- Set and meet metrics for the regions’ field engagement work
- Oversee data management processes including developing target lists, cutting turf, and reviewing data input into VAN and miniVAN
- Update and develop written materials for the deep canvassing program, including scripts, training guides, etc.
- Hire contracted canvassers ahead of the election season
- Train, coach, and provide ongoing support to contracted canvassers
- Ensure an ever-evolving understanding of Texas political and demographic landscape, as well as maintain up-to-date knowledge on deep canvassing, management, and data management through training as they emerge
- Represent Avow internally and externally, speaking on behalf of the organization whenever necessary
- Contribute to other organizational initiatives as appropriate, including cross-functional issues and projects, and other tasks as assigned
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000 annually. Benefits include:
- Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Up to 6 months of paid family and medical leave, unlimited time off and flex time
- Stipends for remote work and wellness
Who You Are
The ideal candidate for this role will embody many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences. Don’t worry if you don’t meet every listed quality; if you are excited about the role, we encourage you to apply!
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for reproductive health, rights, and justice
- Minimum 2 years of professionally related experience, field organizing and electoral canvassing experience preferred
- Experience recruiting, training, and supervising organizing staff, preferably for field or electoral positions
- Demonstrated experience owning and coordinating a program or project with multiple priorities utilizing strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; successful at motivating staff to meet contact goals
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically and to build positive relationships with staff, community partners, and other key stakeholders
- Strong cultural competence with communities of color and experience working with diverse groups
- Strong public speaking and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to approach challenges analytically, applying a problem-solving lens
- Experience with VAN/miniVAN required
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends and have access to reliable transportation
- Bilingual – conversational in both English and Spanish or Mandarin a plus
Avow is a non-discriminatory workplace and equal opportunity employer. People of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send both a cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected] with “Political Organizing Manager” in the subject line. The deadline to submit your application is May 31, 2023.